Re: Ask Allchin About Vista!

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 24 January 2007 22:06 \__

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003532153_qa_allchin.html

>  >>>
> In a rare opportunity for readers of The Seattle Times, top Microsoft
> executive Jim Allchin will answer their questions about Windows Vista,
> the company's new flagship operating system.
>
> Allchin has led Windows development for most of his 16 years at
> Microsoft and will retire after Vista becomes broadly available on Jan. 30.
>
> Join him in a live question-and-answer session hosted by Times
> technology columnist, Brier Dudley, from 9 to 10 a.m. Jan. 25.
>  >>>

No need for more maarketing diguised as a blog. Jim has already expressed his
opinion.

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Microsoft doesn't like the RTM, either.

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

And plenty of work remains to be done.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 108 total,   2 running, 105 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie