Re: Hidden Support Costs in Linux/OSS Are a Fallacy

On 24 Jan, 13:37, Erik Funkenbuschs' secret identity <A...@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> still there is no telephone number for obtaining support.

What good is phoning someone in India who can't speak English and just
tells you to reinstall, reinstall, reinstall ..

> Post your questions on a forum, he says.  Next I suppose he will say "Read the blank-blank manual!".

I had difficulty installing Mpeg4IP, I emailed the lead developer and
got a polite reply. I did post to the forums and got help there. 'My
computer doesn't work' doesn't count as a valid question. You will
invariably find your question has been answered previously.

Generally not reading the manual is the cause of your difficulties.