Re: [News] Vista Degrades XP's Usability, Requires New PC

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK
<otto@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:34:00 +0100
<ra6dr2du5ej6pg7jm18sshqfsm9shh722j@xxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:17:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Windows Vista: Bad usability and navigation?
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| This style of button is present on all Vista windows and programs, as
>>| far as I have seen. This is a huge loss of usability to the Windows
>>| Vista interface.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.designerkev.com/blog/technology/windows-vista-bad-usability-and-navigation/
>>http://tinyurl.com/2xlkmf
>
> "Let me begin by stating that I have not used Windows Vista, and I
> have not seen it in person."
>
> This is a joke, right?

Of course it is.  Among other things, Fitt's Law has
been totally obsoleted by Microsoft's Marketing Law: it
will become obsolescent when the warranty on the hardware
runs out.

This law's been known for a very long time amongst Redmondites. ;-)

And it doesn't matter how fast one can close a window if the button's
pretty.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Woman?  What woman?"