Re: A sympathetic word to our resident trolls

__/ [ 7 ] on Tuesday 23 January 2007 22:29 \__

> B Gruff wrote:
>
>> I appreciate that life has been a bit difficult for you in this group for
>> a while now due to Roy's [News] postings.
>> These do tend to introduce new topics at a very high rate, and I can
>> appreciate that you people (Gary in particular) must look back with some
>> nostalgia to the days when you could generate a thread hundreds of
>> postings long by introducing a contentious topic.
>>
>> These days of course, that thread quickly disappears as we follow Roy's
>> [News} threads.
>>
>> Clearly, and as we have told you, you can filter these out.
>> If you wish, you could even just filter Roy out, so that you would see
>> only responses.
>> Since you have all continued to moan about Roy, I can only assume that you
>> do not wish to do this.
>>
>> Thus, the latest developments, whereby we have some American pre-teen (in
>> several guises) copying and re-posting Roy's [News] articles, but without
>> the [News] must be causing you even more aggro.  In fact, we have a troll
>> making things two or three times more difficult than it was for the other
>> trolls!
>

> Its just amazing how far these dumb amerikkkans will go to burn the cola
> newsgroup just because they can't win. These lifeless bum boys posting
> on behalf of micoshaft need to be hunted down by police.
> Amerikkkan politicians are just too lazy to control these dumb
> asstroturfers working out of amerikkka.

The land where one oil company /alone/ was permitted to spend 16 million
dollars on astroturfing which denies global warming.

Same ol', same ol'. Even politics, based on this recent article...

Grassroots or astroturf? AT&T and the politics of influence

,----[ Quote ]
| In the course of our earlier reporting on AT&T's attempt to deploy
| IPTV to the Chicago suburbs, we discussed the Advanced Technology
| Alliance. It's an interest group that pushes the AT&T agenda hard
| through letters to the editor and a giant chicken, but local critics
| have charged it with being an "astroturf" (that is, a fake
| "grassroots" effort) group funded by AT&T.

                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Swap:  1036184k total,   298588k used,   737596k free,    46168k cached