A sympathetic word to our resident trolls

  • Subject: A sympathetic word to our resident trolls
  • From: B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:59:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I appreciate that life has been a bit difficult for you in this group for a
while now due to Roy's [News] postings.
These do tend to introduce new topics at a very high rate, and I can
appreciate that you people (Gary in particular) must look back with some
nostalgia to the days when you could generate a thread hundreds of postings
long by introducing a contentious topic.

These days of course, that thread quickly disappears as we follow Roy's
[News} threads.

Clearly, and as we have told you, you can filter these out.
If you wish, you could even just filter Roy out, so that you would see only
Since you have all continued to moan about Roy, I can only assume that you
do not wish to do this.

Thus, the latest developments, whereby we have some American pre-teen (in
several guises) copying and re-posting Roy's [News] articles, but without
the [News] must be causing you even more aggro.  In fact, we have a troll
making things two or three times more difficult than it was for the other
trolls!
Personally, I don't mind - I just use my filters to click the guy off at
will, but my sympathy is very much with you resident trolls.  Since you
have proved that you don't like to filter, the situation must be almost
untenable for you now - you clearly can't troll if you can't get a word in
edgeways!

We need to do something about this.
Perhaps I could suggest that you guys (Flattie, Father Ted, dumb-bell, Erik,
DFS, peculiar friend, etc. and aliases) take a new line?

To overcome the problem, how would it be if you were to incorporate [troll]
into headers for new troll-threads that you start, and then we could filter
you IN while filtering the said American pre-teen out?
Yes, I know that it sounds crazy, in that I filter you chaps out for most of
the time anyway (nothing personal - I just think that you are a load of
pillocks), but if you did as I suggest, I wouldn't mind clicking the
appropriate filter every few days to have a laugh at your latest rants, and
it would mean that you guys could do your job properly again by having
those troll-threads that went on for hundreds and hundreds of posts.

You see the advantages?

- I can still filter you guys out of ordinary threads

- our American pre-teen can be filtered by everybody

- you chaps can have proper troll threads again, and I can look in to them
every few days..... . well, from time to time, anyway....