Re: The fake roy

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flatfish+++
<flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:34:03 -0500
<Dqtth.44$R_6.12@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:06:42 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> Vista is coming. The trolls are paid henerously to cause as much disruption
>> as possible at this critical time. I am told it was the case when previous
>> releases of Windows came out as well. With a $1.5 billion markering budget,
>> a few astroturfers are petty cash.
>>
>> Forum shills are unprecedented. Microsoft was caught many times before.
>

> You seem to be the only one around here posting messages about Vista Roy
> Schestowitz.
>
> Tell me, why all the interest in Vista?
>
> I thought you were a Linux user Roy Schestowitz.

Vista is the future in operating systems -- as Microsoft
apparently sees things, anyway.  Presumably it is a
competitor for a number of Linux distributions, among them
RedHat, Ubuntu, SuSE, and of course Gentoo.

The intent of Linux -- or, more precisely, some of its
users -- is presumably to spread the Linux meme as far as
it can, or, if one prefers, to have Linux and derivatives
of Linux (distributions) installed on as many desktops,
servers, and devices as possible.  To that end, Vista
is a resource competitor, as it will "want" to also be
installed on as many devices as possible -- furthering
Microsoft's bottom line.  (Presumably this includes an
Embedded Edition, at some point.  I'd have to look.)

If there's a major problem here, I for one don't see it.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Conventional memory has to be one of the most UNconventional
architectures I've seen in a computer system.