Re: [News] New Linux User is a Former Microsoft Fanboy

begin  oe_protect.scr
William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 02:20:14 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 22 January 2007 23:07 \__

>>> Could be! Your description above sounds like a profile of some of the
>>> wintrolls in here.
>>
>> Behind the scenes, I have been getting some E-mails from people who read
>> the newgroup. There is good evidence to suggest that quite a few of them
>> (not all) are being compensated for their endeavours.
>
> I mooted this way back, but people didn't believe it. As I recall, I
> pointed out that some of these trolls (DFS etc) are either being paid to
> look stupid, or really *are* stupid. They repeated the same old garbage
> time after time, even though it had been disproved. I see now that some
> posters are thinking that some of the trolls & apologists *are* being
> paid.

I've held the same view for many years.  I'm convinced that some are
getting some reward for what they're doing - to manage to maintain the
posting rates they do without some reward, considering that most of
their material is off-topic and anti-charter, is just amazing.  I cannot
see why anyone would be willing to do that without some kind of reward.

>> Erik is probably a 'veteran' because his work goes back to the OS/2
>> forums. We already have concrete proof that these had heavy-duty
>> astroturfing budgets behind them. it's all over the news and yet the
>> trolls shy away any time it's mentioned.
>
> Do they indeed...

Hehe - wonder why?

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI!!!!

[ Always wear underwater ]