Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community

  • Subject: Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community
  • From: Mike Horton <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:28:37 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Damian O'Leary wrote:
Mike Horton wrote:

 Hello,

I would like to start by saying that I'm a novice Linux user who really
enjoys the freedom it offers.  I'm an expert by no means but I love to
play around with Linux and help users, or "future" users out where I
can, which isn't to often but occasionally I can at least point someone
in the right direction.  I know all to well that finding help or trying
to ask questions without someone tearing into you can be difficult.
This is why I'm trying to put together a new, "user friendly" if you
will, community at http://www.howtolinux.us

Like I stated earlier I'm no Linux expert nor am I an html expert but I
enjoy playing around with both.  This is why I chose to try and give
back to the Linux community.  Its something I love to do and its the
only way I could think of to try and give back.  Basically I'm posting
this here because I can't do this alone and I'm hoping others around are
tired of the way some Linux users treat others trying to learn Linux.
If you are and would like to help out please check out the site and let
me know what you think, email me, link to the site, sign up for the
forums. Whatever you can do to help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Horton.

Copying a load of online resources to your own site is bordering on imbecilic.

We dont need ANOTHER out of date copy of other peoples work.
The howto documents are there for users who choose to make use of the forums, why make them go to
another site to get when they can get them from the same place. More howto's will be added, the list is not
going to be just a mirror.
And since you're not a Linux expert, provding this site is also dishonest as
well displaying crass stupidity.
You make no sense what so ever! This is a community site, users will be helping each other, I will not be the
only one trying to help. My site exists to have a community without idiots who think like you, PERIOD!

begin:vcard
fn:Mike Horton
n:Horton;Mike
email;internet:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Site Admin
note:howtolinux.us aims to be a new source of friendly linux support via howto documentation, support forums and linux news.
url:http://www.howtolinux.us
version:2.1
end:vcard