[News] Usability and System Design Issues in Windows Vista; Linux Improves Usability, Evolves

The 5 sins of Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Number 1 - The new file browsing interface is broken
|
| Number 2 - The new start menu sucks (Kind of)
|
| Number 3 - Windows Networking is a mess
|
| Number 4 - Windows Search Is Broken
|
| Number 5 - Windows copying has not improved
`----

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/5-sins-of-vista.html

Linux seems to work harder on usability whilst Microsoft works on maintaining
familiarity, however flawed the seminal Windows 3/95 design may be. See
below.

Related:

Season of Usability

,----[ Quote ]
| Season of Usability 2006/2007 is part of a series of sponsored
| student projects to encourage students of usability, user-interface
| design, and interaction design to get involved with
| Free/Libre/Open-Source Software (FLOSS) projects.
`----

http://www.openusability.org/season/0607/

Here are some nice videos that demonstrate ongoing work on usability...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

                http://www.betterdesktop.org/wiki/index.php?title=Data