Re: [News] Windows Has This, Linux Does Not...

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Monday 22 January 2007 19:36 \__

> On Monday 22 January 2007 18:08 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ...Maybe because Linux is usually downloaded and only replicated code
>> matters, not packaging.
>
> Granted.
>
> However, I wonder.....
>
> Does/would/should each distro have a CD label, downloadable?
> I reckon it would look great, cost next-to-nothing, and look very
> professional on the give-away CD's.
>
> Whadya reckon?

CD giveaways is somewhat unnecessary. People can just download ISOs (using
the current distros or the 32-bit junk OEMs bundle these days). Then,
installation can proceed from the hard-drive. I am sure that more and more
distributors will happily send CDs for free. Sun has begun adopting Ubuntu's
'thing'. The product (a kit) is even presented more nicely, I think.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
Tasks: 129 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie