Re: Abuse Report Filed. Re: Roy Schestowitz

Linonut wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, jorge_shillingford@xxxxxxxxx belched out this
> bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Abuse reports filed with Roy Schestowitz's ISP and also the ISP that
>> serves demon.net which
>> is thus.net.
>
> Lame intimidation attempt noted.

While these reports are meaningless, simply because there is no real
practical recourse, I think this report is perfectly justified.

I have long held that I am not a fan or Roy's continued spamming of the
group, and "use a killfile" is not a proper response, any more than
spamassasin cures the email spam problem. He wastes bandwidth with little
or no original contribution, and I think that he is an idiot for his
behavior.

I, for one, would wish his ISP would suspend his account. I have no problem
with his contributing to the group, pe se', the non-stop post of clips and
links to anything even loosely related to Linux is more than bothersome. It
takes time to download the headers, regardless of killfile, gods forgive if
you don't have a killfile because you'll NEVER find a good discussion.

No, I think he is an ignorant ass. Just because you can do a thing, does not
mean you have too. I think his crap is againest the letter and spirit of
usenet, and while more than just one have complained, he continues.