Re: [News] Xfce 4.4.0 is Out

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tom Shelton belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2007-01-22, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Xfce 4.4.0 Released
>
> XFCE is my second favorite desktop (after fluxbox)...  Have you seen many
> improvements in 4.4?  Just curious :)

Yes.  In the beta, the xfce-panel is much more tailorable, and you can
have any number of them (well, at least two anyway).  It also adds
desktop icons, if you like that stuff.  You can have a pretty full-blown
desktop, or you can pare it down like fluxbox.

Actually, even with fluxbox, I run 4.3.9's xfce-mcs-manager.  It makes a
nice replacement for gnome-session-manager for making your GTK-2 apps
match the user-interface theme you selected in XFce or with
gtk-theme-switcher.

I think XFce now supports more transparency, like fluxbox.  Not sure,
though.

Too many options to try them all!  Fun stuff!

--
   "I'm going to f'in *kill* Google!"
     -- Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft