[News] Adobe Accuses Microsoft of Shoving Platform Lockins into Web

MS, Adobe war in blogosphere

,----[ Quote ]
| "I will be talking about Microsoft more and more in the following
| year. They really haven't changed a bit and are up to the same old
| platform lock-in tricks with their new technologies," wrote Adobe's
| Ted Patrick on his company blog last week.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/MS_Adobe_war_in_blogosphere/0,130061733,339273152,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/2mvm3w

Please read the article below if you haven't. It has "antitrust" written all
over it.

Related:

Microsoft's 'Everywhere' Excludes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Windows Presentation Foundation is aimed at making it
| easier for developers to create modern user interfaces for
| interactive applications whether they are Windows native or
| delivered through web browsers. The problem with browser-based
| interfaces is that not everyone uses Internet Explorer, let
| alone Windows itself. To this end, Microsoft has released
| 'Community Technology Previews' of a future product code-named
| WPF/E (Windows Presentation Foundation Everywhere). This
| browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but
| "Everywhere" doesn't include Linux.

Windows Vista Product Guide: Free to Download, $149 to Read

,----[ Quote ]
| 'Windows Vista Product Guide' was released in two formats:
|
| Microsoft Office Word 2007
|     The standard .doc format isn't good enough, you need to be able to
|     read a .docx file, so all those users of Office XP are just plain
|     out of luck on
|     this one.
|
| XPS
|     What the heck is XPS? I hadn't heard of it before now, (a quick
|     Google tells me XPS is Microsoft's proprietary rival to PDF)
|     but apparently you need a special reader for it (which is
|     kindly enough built into Vista, but nothing else).
`----

http://itsvista.com/2006/12/windows-vista-product-guide-free-to-download-149-to-read/

Adobe could still sue Microsoft: paper

,----[ Quote ]