Re: [News] Virgin America Uses Linux for Flight Entertainment

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 22 January 2007 10:31 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> http://www.letvafly.com/VADIFE.php
>>
>> "Open source video games (and a future invitation for savvy linux game
>> developers to participate in Red)"
>>
>> Where I found this it also says:
>>
>> "Three servers on the plane feed the Linux clients with Live TV, VOD,
>> 3,000 mp3s, etc... Oh yeah, and the computers play DOOM."
>
> At last, an in-flight gaming system which might keep me playing for more
> than 5 mins.  Perhaps they could set up a legacy-doom style server
> rotating round a selection of 30 or 50 arenas, one each 10 mins, with a
> team deathmatch or something?  I might even start looking forward to
> getting on the aircraft instead of looking forward to getting off it!

They ought to use in-plane networking to do multiplayer tournaments on the
plane.

"No thanks, maam, no more coffee. That guy who sits in 16C is 'camping' and
he's out to get me".

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
 11:00am  up 95 days 21:14,  7 users,  load average: 2.19, 1.33, 1.18