Re: [News] Microsoft MVP Talks about Vista Upgrade

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 22 January 2007 10:10 \__

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/windows/2007/01/18/windows-vista-tips-and-tricks/

>> He has been ranting about Vista/Longhorn for quite some time, but he needs
>> to remain loyal.
>>

> I suppose that after having used the same Windows for so long, any
> change is going to be fairly painful for him, and presumably as lot of
> the advantages he's been remarking on have probably gone, to be replaced
> with whatever new features the people in Redmond have decided that he
> should have, whether he wants them or not.

You have got to give him credit. He's not stupid (I read his blog I spoke to
him on the WordPress mailing lists a few times), but he's loyal. He's also
blunt and honest.

Microsoft Power Users, Part II

,----[ Quote ]
| There's no Microsoft Power User "WinHEC" out there. Microsoft
| is all about the developer, and seldom seems to cater to the
| true enthusiasts. There's a loosely-constructed MVP program
| (of which I am a member, with the Windows Digital Media
| distinction), but no real company mission to listen to what's
| going on in the world outside the Microsoft (to use their word)e
| cosystem. And because of that, we end up with sloppy,
| "just good enough" experiences. My earlier post on the
| pre-beta of Longhorn illustrates my point ENTIRELY.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2005/04/27/microsoft-power-users-part-i/

Apr 21 2006:

"My guess is that when IE7 goes gold, more people will be driven to start
using Firefox"

        http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/4/10/1875069.html

He was right.

,----[ Quote ]

,----[ Gist ]
| Software can improve your life - so long as you know where to find it!
| The Internet is a treasure trove, filled with millions of tiny
| applications that'll help you through just about any quirk your OS
| delivers. Windows is replete with shortcomings, largely in its Explorer
| (otherwise known as the Shell). These utilities may seem frivolous to
| you, but they're quite helpful to me - and I bet you'll start using at
| least one of them on a regular basis:
|
|                <SNIP> list of 'out of the box' Linux features,
|                     which do not exist in Windows
|
| And I certainly thank you for paying attention to this point. I'm sure I
| missed thousands of freeware apps, so recommendations are appreciated
| and encouraged. Windows should work better for you now. And if it still
| sucks for you, there's always OS X.
`----

        http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/5/6/1937847.html

I could find many more, but it could take some time. I am looking at some
a small sample/subset.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 10:20am  up 95 days 20:34,  7 users,  load average: 2.48, 1.89, 1.38