[News] Vista Home Lacks Support for Dual-core AMD Chips

Quad-core on Vista Home, an Intel exclusive

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the tech sheet on ExtremeTech as well as other
| websites, Vista home only supports one physical processor.
| This means that AMD's 4x4 platform, which uses 2 dual-core
| chips, will not work.
`----

http://clocksarestupid.net/articles/2007/01/21/quad-core-on-vista-home-an-intel-exclusive
http://tinyurl.com/yu2456

More artificial limitations.

I wonder if buyers will even be aware of what they get, having gazed at some
matrix. My guess is that many forced 'upgrades' (money-milking) will be
needed.