[News] Sun Solaris Could Be Moving to x86

Sun rumoured to use Intel X86 chips

,----[ Quote]
| If it does well, I can see them building a unique box in the future,
| but not at the moment. Then again, this could just be a rumour.

Major Intel, Sun deal to be announced Monday

,----[ Quote ]
| The deal will not cut out AMD from the equation, but it looks as
| if the smaller chip company will have to do more if it wants to
| keep Sun on board.

Linux virtualisation comes to mind... just like Parallels, Boot Camp, VMWare,
even Crossover Office on Mac OS X... since leaving PowerPC behind (Ubuntu
will no longer be delivered as PPC binaries). Sun has relationships with
Canonical...