[News] Open Source Software Portal Opened After Proprietary Software Disappointment

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Software Portal Opened After Proprietary Software Disappointment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:02:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Colorado Human Services opens an open source portal

,----[ Quote ]
| When Novell announced it would no longer support NPS, "we decided it was
| time to move to something we would have more control of," Cash says. "It
| was time to look for an open source solution."
|
| In June 2006, Cash began an evaluation. "This was the first direction
| we'd gone with open source, but we got no resistance" from management,
| he says. "We've been able to do pretty much whatever we wanted."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/116325

Novell no longer supports NPS, but even its Linux future seems iffy.

GPLv3 causing cracks in the Microsoft/Novell partnership?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/13393/1054/1/1/