Re: Over 100 Projects Already on GPLv3, at Least 5,000 More on the Way

cc wrote:
> On Jul 9, 8:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> GPLv3 attracts 116 projects in first week
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The third version of the General Public Licence (GPLv3) has been adopted by
>> | 116 open source projects in its first week of operation, according to an
>> | overview compiled by software risk management firm Palamida.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2193729/gplv3-draws-116-projects-...
>>
>> Recent:
>>
>> GPL3 welcomed by IBM, Red Hat, Novell, MySQL
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The GPL is the most widely used license in the open-source realm. More
>> | than 30,000 projects, which is about 66 percent of the open-source
>> | projects tracked by the Freshmeat site, use the GPL.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/GPL3-welcomed-by-IBM-Red-Hat-Nov...
>>
>> MS: Dancing as fast as it can to try to get away from GPLv3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Want to laugh? Microsoft Says It Is Not Bound by GPLv3" -- they think they
>> | can so declare, like an emperor, and it becomes fiat. It's not so easy.
>> | I gather Microsoft's lawyers have begun to discern the GPL pickle they
>> | are in.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070705205728953
>
> Is the code you use to post the same stories in an endless loop being
> licensed under GPLv3?

Microsoft's denial of compliance with previous contracts is so common
and has so many court enforcements, that it is a worn out cliche'.

A major problem for Microsoft is that the public whom their PR
department is still trying to convince visa vis Vista, is the same
audience who are switching to GNU/Linux in large numbers due to loss of
credibility by MS in all areas.