Re: Mircosoft's predatory response to GNU/Linux

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Monday 09 July 2007 15:42 : \____

> systems with their computer hardware, effectively depriving consumers
> of any competitive choices. These restrictive agreements exited before
> 2000 but, in 2000, Microsoft ratcheted the restriction up so that OEMs
> are forced to forfeit all discounts otherwise earned if they ship any
> "naked machines" to consumers. This heightened restriction, which (on
> information and belief) continues to the present, prohibits PC users
> and PC retailers from buying and installing lower priced or better
> quality operating systems of their choice.
> </Quote>

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:W24_MZ4ufQYJ:edge-op.org/iowa/iowaconsumercase.org/assets/attachments/Petition.pdf

No wonder Microsoft settled so quickly and requested a takedown of this
material. This isn't just anticompetitive. One might wonder if it's legal at
all. They made it more expensive to sell PCs with a free O/S. Now they are
trying to 'collect tax' from Linux sales. They still think they can redefine
laws, don't they?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie