[News] Most Schools in Kerala Already Use Linux Desktops, Despite Microsoft Lobbying

  • Subject: [News] Most Schools in Kerala Already Use Linux Desktops, Despite Microsoft Lobbying
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:04:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
“Linux is more stable, it is crash resistant, and its compatibility and
interoperability is as high as Microsoft”

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is what Wassan has to say on the strategic equilibrium that he is
| working on for government and enterprises. He feels it is vital for
| opening up an opportunity for Linux to compete and develop a stronghold
| on the market
|
| [...]
|
| Majority of the schools in Kerala, for instance, have already switched over
| to Linux and this has been possible only with the help of government support.
| Moreover, 18 of 28 Indian states use Linux or have pilot projects for to be
| used in government depart­ments and education sector.
|
| [...]
|
| We have developed a partner­ship with eSys India who already has its own base
| of large number of channel partners. Our products and software are supplied
| to the end-customers through the retail partners of eSys. We are in a
| dialogue to develop alliances with more and more distributors so that our
| reach to the customers is increased.
`----

http://dqchannels.ciol.com/content/ceospeak/107070601.asp

Related:

Kerala On Linux Express Highway

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux slip-road that the state took is slowly becoming an
| express highway.
|
| [...]
|
| If we twist Napoleon's quote on China a bit, we can safely say, "Linux is a
| sleeping giant, let it sleep, because when Linux moves the world moves!"
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=16139&magid=11

Lobbying:

Indian state takes on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| He said Microsoft executives were seeking to meet the state's chief
| minister this week. Kerala state is a potentially strong market for
| the company, with a population of 32 million and a 90.9% literacy
| rate - far above the national average of 68.4%.
`----

http://www.fin24.co.za/articles/companies/display_article.aspx?Nav=ns&lvl2=comp&ArticleID=1518-1783_2045929

IT Giants Train Students And Faculty of Kerala

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://kerala4u.in/98/it_giants_train_students_and_faculty