Re: [News] GPLv3 is Good for Business, OOXML is Bad for Everyone

> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 08 July 2007 11:26 : \____

>>> The Viral Clause [in GPL]
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.tuxdeluxe.org/node/246
>>>

>> Well, it seems blindingly obvious to me, but it's been clear from some
>> of the conversations here that even some linux people are as confused
>> about this is our trolls tried to make everyone about GPLv2.
>>
>> You can't make horses drink, unfortunately.
>
> When they get thirsty, they'll drink. Just watch the changes in the attitude of
> Alax Cox. Sooner or later they wake up all frantic. I've had messages from
> people who apologised to me for expressing doubt wrt the Novell/Microsoft
> deal. The FUD onslaught on May 14th triggered it. That was also the time when
> more people began reading sites that analyse this. Many of the predictions
> that we made in 2006 have become very apparent now.

It didn't take very long, did it?  The death of proprietary software is
pretty much inevitable, now, since flexible hardware is available to
anyone, as is FLOSS.  It's very satisfying just being able to run
OpenWRT On my wrt54gl here - I get proper control of the machine, and
I'm not beholden to anyone for binary blobs of any kind.