Re: [News] Novell Just Betrayed by Microsoft, But It Continues Stomping on Linux/FS

____/ Rick on Saturday 07 July 2007 14:07 : \____

>> Microsoft lost.  That's all that needs to be said.   The whole she/said,
>> he/said of the Novell deal is irrelevant.  It means nothing.
>>
>> Apple is next.
>
> Apple is next? Next for what? Basing a major parts of a popular OS on
> Open Source? Regularly contributing to OS projects? Starting Open Source
> projects? <http://www.apple.com/opensource/>
>
> Buy a clue, Bailo. Apple is not now, nor ever has been a company with
> monopoly power, much less abused it. Is Jobs as big a bully as Gates?
> Possibly bigger. But at least Apple does contribute back to the OSS world.

Rick, people have criticised them before for not being open source
contributors, but open source consumers. As for monopoly abuse, have a look at
Europe's iTunes ban. Their DRM is a form of monopoly abuse, which leads to
blame that they divert to record labels.

When Apple releases some software to Linux, that would be wonderful. Until
then, Apple is just another company that integrates hardware with software and
keeps a close eye on what people say about them.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com