Re: Linux Wins: EU Vista flails away

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 05 July 2007 15:33 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 05 Jul 2007 02:25:20 +0100
> <59207640.5dad8MglOT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ waterskidoo on Wednesday 04 July 2007 19:22 : \____

>>> cutting text----

>>> That is exactly what I did with my new system.
>>> Vista drove me bats with all of the constant hand holding and
>>> security prompts constantly. If that was not enough it
>>> seemed like my hdisk light was blinking all the time.
>>> That should not happen on a system with 4 gigabytes of RAM.
>>
>> Maybe it was indexing...? Google is still fighting to stop this. On the face
>> of it, even those choosing Google's desktop search will have Vista burning
>> batteries for Microsoft's benefit.
>>

> My Windows XP system wants to scan every file for malware.  I'd consider
> that as a possibility as well.

AV Software elevates the minimal system requires of any version of Windows.
Since Microsoft recommends that everyone installs such software, the price tag
it's boasting are deceiving and the minimal system requirements they cite --
just theory. Is Home Basic even allowed to play music files at all?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=