Re: [News] ELive Announces the Big Linux Release on Web Site, Kaella 3.1 Released

> ____/ BearItAll on Friday 06 July 2007 09:23 : \____

> Well, [H]omer used to have quite a nice Enlightenment (on Debian)
> video in his blog. I haven't had a chance to watch this new one.

It's still on GooTube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Uo-DRZWAA

It's a bit jerky due to the odd timing issue with VMWare's built-in
recording feature, but it gives you a good idea of what E17 is like.
It's not a patch on ELive's new video though; I especially like the dark
theme.

>> These people haven't just gone out of their way to be different,
>> they have done better than that, they have gone out of their way to
>> appeal to a different sort of audience. Still with all of the
>> safety and security of Linux, but with high end eye candy.

It's a refreshingly alternative paradigm to Gnome/KDE.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 02:21:32 up 6 days,  1:15,  2 users,  load average: 0.98, 0.74, 0.63