Re: [News] [Rival] Dell Goes Against Microsoft, Becomes Vista "Party Pooper"

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jerry McBride
<mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:16:34 -0400
<n0a2m4x1vc.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Dell warns of Vista upgrade challenges
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Dell has taken the unusual step--for a PC vendor of its size--of
>> | toning down its sales pitch for Microsoft's Vista operating system
>> | and warning businesses of the migration challenges that lie ahead
>> | for them.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62027712,00.htm
>>
>> This is great news to Linux. They have just begun bragging about Linux
>> discounts (Linux significantly cheaper than Vista "Teaster" Edition), they
>> offer Linux on more models than before, and they said they were pleased
>> with Linux sales figures.
>>

> In my opinion... DELL is in big financial trouble. It's failing to report to
> the stockexchange only makes it worse. If DELL isn't able to save it's ass
> by selling to Linux users, it'll surely go out of business rather quickly.
>
> DELL, it's only hope is a deprecated windowsXP OS and a cutting edge Linux
> os.

Not a problem.  Microsoft will simply initiate a hostile
takeover once Bush gets reelected in 2008 and appoints
two more justices to the Supreme Court.  The inevitable
lawsuits will be dismissed and Microsoft will be the proud
new owner of the only desktop platform allowed by law.
HP will fold, Lenovo vanish, and Toshiba might just sell
its laptop facilities to Microsoft for a quick buck, and
everyone will live happily ever after (except for those
who want to actually accomplish something outside of the
Microsoft straitjacket^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdesktop
framework).

Can't be too careful with al Qaeda running amuck, after all,
it might lead to dancing.

What's that, you say?  Amendment 22?  No problem.
Bush simply declares martial law, once we attack Iran,
and the election is postponed for four years.  When 2012
rolls around, Jeb Bush will be groomed as Bush's successor,
and by 2020 or so the Republican Congress will have changed
the rules (and rammed them through the Red States) to
allow Karl Rove to serve as designated regent until one
of Barbara's or Jenna's sons come of age.  Or perhaps
Bill Gates will simply step into the top spot, becoming
el presidente perpetuo, once Jeb Bush retires in 2016.

Welcome to the United Monarchial States of America.
Don't insult the King, please.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does anyone else remember the 1802?