Re: Microsoft to Spend $1.15 Billion for Xbox Repairs

On 2007-07-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 06 July 2007 16:28 : \____
>

> This confirms the scale of the failures, which Microsoft could no longer deny
> because people (and shops) speak out. Digg was a like nuthouse when the news
> came out. People are shouting for blood because the sum above does not

Personally I don't have an Xbox but I do know people who have them
and every single person has had problems with the Xbox.
A friend of mine just IM me and he was laughing because he still
has his original Nintendo and PlayStation and both work fine
after years of abuse. He has worn out the controllers several
times over the years, but that's to be expected. The main
units work fine. His Xbox lasted a couple of weeks before it
went tits up and wouldn't load any games. When he brought it
back the store where he purchased it the lady yelled to
another employee "we got another dead one" (you have to hear him
say this in person, it's hilarious!). What I can't figure out
is how Microsoft kept it under wraps for as long as they have?
People in the gaming community have been screaming about this for
a long time now but it gets so very little press.