Re: [News] Latest Linux Eye Candy Makes Further Progress, Screenshots from Latest KDE 4

  • Subject: Re: [News] Latest Linux Eye Candy Makes Further Progress, Screenshots from Latest KDE 4
  • From: waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:18:47 +0000 (UTC)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-07-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Compiz-Fusion is i18n ready
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I am happy to announce that i18n infrastructure is ready and we can
>| now translate compiz-fusion plugins and ccsm.
> `----
>
> http://dev.beryl-project.org/~cyberorg/compiz/43/compiz-fusion-is-i18n-ready/
>
> Some screenshots from KDE 4 alpha 2:
>
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89329/index.hI am happy to announce that
>

> Related:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

People who see PCLinuxos on my system freak out when they see
all the kde eye candy.
It's amusing to get the inevitable "what video card are you using"
question because they seem to think I am using a high end,
expensive card. For the record I am using
an Nvidia FX5500 $49.99 Circuit City special.
I have all the eye candy turned on with kde and
PCLinuxos and it is very fast.
I wonder how this card would fare be driven by Vista?