[News] Huge Bill for Bill After XBox360 Disasters, Microsoft Continues with the Big Lie

  • Subject: [News] Huge Bill for Bill After XBox360 Disasters, Microsoft Continues with the Big Lie
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:43:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft facing $1bn Xbox bill

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, has not revealed how many of its machines have suffered the
| problem, but said the number was "bigger than we are comfortable with."

Foley (on the same news):

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=556

"Microsoft officials have said they believe Xbox hardware failure rates to run
between three and five percent, which the company considers acceptable. But
some retailers claim the Xbox console failure rate to be substantially higher,
approaching 33-plus percent."

Where are the WinTrolls who called me a liar last year when I quoted EA's
figures (30%-50% failure rate)? The only liar here is Microsoft. Read the
above...

BBC: 'Microsoft... problem... "bigger than we are comfortable with."'

Foley: 'Microsoft officials... the company considers acceptable'

Microsoft contradicts itself. It's lying. The company did the same with malware
rates in attempts to hide the horrific scale of the problem.

Related:

Microsoft lied about scaling chips they promised:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=42164

Owner of eight failed Xbox 360 explains failures

,----[ Quote ]
| And although console gamers usually don’t come with the geeky and
| techie know-how of Banzai Runner hobbyists, an owner of eight failed
| Xbox 360s finally tapped into his inner geek and got the problem of
| the Xbox 360 issues down pat.
`----

http://www.kilegates.com/owner-of-eight-failed-xbox-360-explains-failures/

30% failure rate haunts Xbox 360 image

| A recent query put to an Australian game retailer puts the figure at a
| 30% return rate.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13177&Itemid=1063

A Tale of 11 Broken Xbox 360s

,----[ Quote ]
| "I can't comment on failure rates, because it's just not something - it's
| a moving target. What this consumer should worry about is the way that
| we've treated him. Y'know, things break, and if we've treated him well
| and fixed his problem, that's something that we're focused on right
| now."
|
|    -- Peter Moore [of Microsoft] on Xbox 360 failure rates
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160603

Microsoft deletes mass Xbox 360 crashing claims from Forza 2 forums

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/my_images/GameRush_Entertainment_Microsoft_deletes_mass_Xbox_360_crashing_claims_from_Forza_2_forums_News.htm