Re: [News] Huge Bill for Bill After XBox360 Disasters, Microsoft Continues with the Big Lie

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:43:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft facing $1bn Xbox bill
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft, has not revealed how many of its machines have suffered the
> | problem, but said the number was "bigger than we are comfortable
> with." `----

So, just another case of Microsoft foisting crapware on their
vict^H^H^Husers - and that's what you call "News"? Please name one
product of theirs in the past few years that *wasn't* crapware ...

> Foley (on the same news):
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=556
>
> "Microsoft officials have said they believe Xbox hardware failure rates
> to run between three and five percent, which the company considers
> acceptable. But some retailers claim the Xbox console failure rate to be
> substantially higher, approaching 33-plus percent."
>
> Where are the WinTrolls who called me a liar last year when I quoted
> EA's figures (30%-50% failure rate)? The only liar here is Microsoft.
> Read the above...

Don't blame those poor Wintrolls, they just made the mistake of believing
Microsoft - first when their Ministry of Propaganda in their usual
fashion touted the XBox as the greatest thing since sliced bread, then
when the Ministry of Propaganda in their usual fashion denied there were
any problems, and a third time when the Ministry of Propaganda in their
usual fashion blamed any reported problems on the users.

The $1bn figure is rather telling though, as it suggests that every
failing unit will simply be replaced, not repaired.

The remaining question of course is whether the wintrolls will wizen up
and stop believing Microsoft. After all, only idiots believe anything
Microsoft says.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl/