Re: Make your own distro?

It was on, or about,  Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:52:01 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I wish to discard and bounce all E-mails that contain an attachment
> with a certain suffix (DOC, XLS). I rarely get any of these, but if it
> lands in my box, I need to respond individually.

Would these be spam? If so, bouncing spam emails is generally frowned
upon, because the bounce often goes to the wrong place. It's usually
better to have them deleted. If OTOH you can verify exactly where they
came from, I imagine it would be ok.

> If it gets bounced with a reason, then it's a bot doing the work.
> The sender of unwanted binary mess cannot be offended by Mrs. Mail
> Daemon.

I don't know if exim would do what you want?

http://www.exim.org/

--
"Anything said in COLA is a crock of shit."
Hadron Quark, Tuesday 03 Jul 2007