[News] Woz Offers Criticism of DRM, Quick Praise for Open Source Software

  • Subject: [News] Woz Offers Criticism of DRM, Quick Praise for Open Source Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:10:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Steve Wozniak v. Stephen Colbert — and Other Pranks

,----[ Quote ]
| What do you think about Steve Jobs' decision to embrace DRM-free music
| in iTunes?
|
| SW: I think it's a step towards the future. I mean, it doesn't make much
| sense if these things are going to have DRM forever. There's this whole
| problem that you can't trust everyone, but you can do a good enough job.
`----

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/07/03/steve-wozniak-v-stephen-colbert-and-other-pranks/

Related:

I predict a DRM riot

,----[ Quote ]
| DRM is, it seems, doomed to fail in the short term. There is just no
| way around the fact that for now keys will always get cracked and
| when they do that crack will always find its way into the public
| domain. Try to stop it, as Digg inadvertently discovered, and you
| will have a full scale Internet riot on your hands.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/blogs/editorial-blogs/davey-winder/294132/i-predict-a-drm-riot.thtml

The economical DRM equation

,----[ Quote ]