Re: Review of Nero Linux 3 is a Positive One

On Jul 4, 12:53 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> ____/ Darth Chaos on Wednesday 04 July 2007 05:28 : \____
>

> > On Jul 3, 9:08 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> A new, improved Nero Linux 3
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
>
> >>http://www.linux.com/feature/115215
>
> >> Related:
>
> >> NeroLinux 3 [Review]
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
>
> >>http://techgage.com/article/nerolinux_3
>
> >> NeroLinux Review
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
>
> >>http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/NeroLINUX-Review-55192.shtml
>
> > Just installed it here on Ubuntu. It's definitely not as robust as K3b
> > or as the Windows version of Nero, but at least Nero has the balls to
> > support Linux, and I hope future editions of Nero Linux become on-par
> > with K3b and the Windows version of Nero.
>
> I am pretty certain that Nero promised Windows feature parity for this release
> (they even put Windows icons on Linux). Did they not deliver?

Well, all I have is a dual-layer DVD burner, so I can't judge the
claims of support for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, but the Linux version of Nero
is starting to resemble its Windows counterpart.

When you first open it up, it brings up the New Compilation screen
where you can choose to make an ISO, an audio CD, a Mixed Mode CD,
something called "CD EXTRA", Copy CD (exact duplicate), MiniDVD, CD-
ROM (boot), CD-ROM (UDF), and CD-ROM (UDF/ISO).

I guess I was just expecting a port of the Nero Ultra Edition, but who
really needs the Nero Wave Editor when we have open-source Audacity
which to me is just as good? Really all I need is the basic Nero
burning tool (Nero Burning Rom), so when I take a closer look, Nero
delivers on its promises.