Re: [News] Pictures of Another Dell Linux Unwrapping, Microsoft Phune

____/ John Locke on Monday 02 July 2007 09:14 : \____

> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:44:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Very nice. Anybody got any ideas about how well this laptop is
>>> selling?
>>
>>I don't know if you saw the link at the bottom of the OP, but Dell won't
>>disclose numbers. They did, however, say they are pleased with the numbers
>>and immediately afterwards, two more models were introduced with Linux
>>options. I think they keep their cards close to the chest because other OEMs
>>are watching with curiosity, treating Dell as a case study.
>>
> Well..that sounds emcouraging. I would imagine that there are a lot of
> organizations keeping a watchful eye on this " little experiment".
>
> It will be interesting to see some figures at the end of the year.

Must they ever let the figures be revealed? I don't know how it works, but
Novell had to let some details go loose with the SEC filing. Of course,
everything that useful was redacted, which tells you that deep inside, Novell
is ashamed of what it did.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
 10:00:02 up 15 days, 15:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.91, 1.48, 1.85