Re: [News] Pictures of Another Dell Linux Unwrapping, Microsoft Phune

____/ John Locke on Monday 02 July 2007 01:59 : \____

> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:57:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>A Dell/Ubuntu Laptop - Right out of the box
>>

>>| I think I went from cutting open the box to logging in within about
>>| 8 minutes (including all the photo taking!) Nice work Dell and Canonical!
>

>>http://popey.com/mirror/www.bryceharrington.org/Photos/DellUbuntu/index.html
>>

> Very nice. Anybody got any ideas about how well this laptop is
> selling?

I don't know if you saw the link at the bottom of the OP, but Dell won't
disclose numbers. They did, however, say they are pleased with the numbers and
immediately afterwards, two more models were introduced with Linux options. I
think they keep their cards close to the chest because other OEMs are watching
with curiosity, treating Dell as a case study.

Many business that use Linux internally don't talk about it for similar
reasons.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 115 total,   1 running, 114 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie