Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Users Desparately Cling Onto XP, Avoid Vista

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:00:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>How to make Windows XP last for the next seven years
>>
> Our company has decided to stay with XP but put a long range plan into
> effect for conversion to Linux. We will purchase no more Microsoft

I dont believe you John. How long term? What "road plan" did they read
for "Linux" which guarentees the apps they use will be there in 10
years? What does your company think of Linus's spat with Mr Gnus about
the GPL?

> incenses. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to upgrade to Vista.
>
> I understand that Vista volume licensing will now require key
> activation, tracking and reporting through a key management server.
> Lovely. Very trusting of Microsoft. Another reason not to upgrade.

Sorry? Its been that way for years for licensed SW.

You do know, of course, that most "professional" bespoke apps are
licensed per seat and charged by the year?

>>The Number One Reason Why Vista is Better than XP
>>Watch the comments...
>
> Slop a new coat of paint on that old 59 Ford and see how much faster
> it'll sell !!
>
>  In the U.S., looks are a vital selling factor. Sad but true.

I had hopes for you. But every now and again you come out with a real
"Roy'esque" blunder.