Re: Any trouble-free Vista users out there?

____/ AB on Thursday 19 July 2007 18:41 : \____

> On 2007-07-19, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 19 July 2007 17:13 : \____
>>
>>> Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>>>
>>> <snip typical Vista woes>

>>> I've not heard a single person have anything positive to say about it,
>>> nor have I seen any evidence of independent positive views on it.  I've
>>> asked around a lot, too.
>>
>> I've not met a single person that actually uses Vista. Those who use Windows
>> barely know anything about Vista. They just watch ads. it's brainwash, not
>> truth, that gets into their minds.
>
> I personally know a few people that are scared to death of it. They ask
> me what I think they should do. I tell them to either learn to live
> with the problems they know in XP, and to expect no updates for
> anything in it at some point in the future, or to start getting used to
> Mac or linux.

Of course they are scared of it. A graveyard of games and apps. And that's just
the beginning. The the equivalent of digital preservation at execution level.
Since there is no source code or maintainer for old software, then
emulation/virtualisation is the only way to go and it's extremely cumbersome.
It also leads to fragmentation. I have one friend who has been collecting
computer games since we were children. How do you think he would feel about
Vista?

Again, that's just the compatibility debate. Vista has far greater problems
that you could write entire books about. To most people, however, it's simpler
than this. It's just a name ("Vista") and some interface called  Aero Glass.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 26.7%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.3%id,  4.1%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st