Re: [News] Over a Million PS3s Sold in Japan, Ouselling Microsoft 2:1

____/ John Bailo on Thursday 19 July 2007 09:45 : \____

> Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> Of course, the Wii is outselling the PS3 at just over 3:1, too.
>
> Have you actually played the Wii?
>
> I don't think it's in the same class as the PS3 or XBox -- which are
> direct competitors.   The graphics on the Wii are of extremely low
> quality -- no one ever mentions this!   The motion and rendering are
> clownish.
>
> I would expect that a Wii home could also be a PS/3 (or Xbox360)
> home...but from the figures mentioned, it looks more like a PS/3-Wii
> home is the norm.

Don't forget that old discussion about "what makes games /fun/". There are some
games that boast many polygons, a lot of artwork and whatever, but the
gameplay simply does not work. Sometimes the old and tired games from the 90s
beat today's games in terms of fun.

I like the idea the the Wii changes decades of user interaction. It's a new way
of thinking. It's unique. Last year I played with my cousins who have a
GameCube and while the games were not 'FPS quality', they were special and
unique. I was beaten by teeangers. :-(

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
 10:20:02 up 32 days, 15:48,  7 users,  load average: 1.66, 1.60, 1.90