[News] UK Government Petitioned on GPL Matters, Jermey Allison Talks About the GPL

  • Subject: [News] UK Government Petitioned on GPL Matters, Jermey Allison Talks About the GPL
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:22:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Petition the UK Government to protect GPL software

,----[ Quote ]
| Since software patents may threaten this fundamentally important freedom, we
| propose that software published under the GNU General Public Licence (version
| 3 and above) be given immunity from prosecution from patent infringement
| under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/article/petition_the_uk_government_to_protect_gpl_software

An interview with Jeremy Allison

,----[ Quote ]
| Forget software politics for a minute -- what does the new Samba licensing
| mean for the version you're actually running, and for the distribution that
| packages it for you? Samba maintainer Jeremy Allison explains.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/071707-interview-allison.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

It seems to be the transcript of the audio.