Re: [News] Screenshots Tour of Gobuntu (Truly Free like gNewSense) Linux Installation

In article <u42om4-u0d.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>, "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Kier spake thusly:
> > On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:05:45 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> >> Yeah, who would expect to find free software that follows
> >> international standards, like Mono, in a free operating system?
> >> What were they thinking?
>
> It's not Free, it's patent encumbered and subject to a dubious RAND clause.

The parts of Mono used for Linux applications, such as Beagle, do not
have patent problems.  Note that the FSF agrees with this, as they make
those same parts available in their .NET implementation:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/dotgnu/>

--
--Tim Smith