[News] Legal Education Adopts an Open Access and Collaboration Approach

  • Subject: [News] Legal Education Adopts an Open Access and Collaboration Approach
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:09:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Berkman Center and CALI Partner to Create New Legal Education Resource

,----[ Quote ]
| “We are looking forward to renewing a fruitful relationship with Harvard Law
| School through the Legal Education Commons project, which will provide
| innovative tools and access to open-licensed course materials to our more
| than 200 member law schools” said CALI Executive Director John Mayer.
`----

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/home/newsroom/pressreleases/berkman_center_and_cali_partner_to_create_new_legal_education_resource

Why Congress Needs a Version Control System

,----[ Quote ]
| The future we face is one of massive collaborative systems. How we design
| those systems, and how we build critical freedoms into them, shaping their
| architecture to support either participation or centralized control, is one
| of the great challenges facing the technology community today.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/07/why_congress_ne.html

Yesterday:

Open Legislation, Part 1: What If Everybody Got to Write Laws?

,----[ Quote ]
| Wikis and other online tools make possible a level of collaboration that
| couldn't have been imagined a few decades ago, noted Peter Leyden, director
| of the New Politics Institute.
|
| "Twenty years ago there was no e-mail, but today all our governments run on
| it," Leyden told LinuxInsider. "Wikis are still a new technology that many
| people don't fully understand, but they're just useful tools to help
| collaboration, which ultimately is what much legislation comes down to.
|
| "I can imagine that in another 20 years or so, these tools could be very
| common in government as a way to draft legislation," Leyden said. "It's an
| idea that should not be dismissed."

Microsoft Muscles the NYS Legislature

,----[ Quote ]
`----