Re: Cringely on Costs of Vista Adoption

> And here:
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/07/funding_fsfs_fi.html
>
> In the first case, Microsoft got busted. Last night I told Savio to check the
> IP address and find out if it was a Microsoft employee again. In the past,
> some trolls masqueraded as Ozzie, as well as other Microsoft employees. They
> try to scare and demoralise the bloggers.

   This article is an embarrassment to InfoWorld. If there is a court
   fight, the Software Freedom Law Center will be leading it, and they
   have plenty of funds from IBM, HP, et. al. The GPLv3 was written by
   the SFLC along with the top attorneys from the aforementioned major
   technology companies, they had a conference call every other week for
   18 months! MicroSoft knows they aren't suing the FSF, they are suing
   the rest of the tech business community.

   If I was editing InfoWorld, I'd examine my quality processes.

   jwwjr

   @jwwjr, as promised: Here is the financial data for SFLC. You can get
   this data via free registration with http://www.guidestar.com

   For tax year ending January 31, 2006 (i.e. 2005 data)
   $1,685,070 in revenue
   $1,175,742 in expenses
   $509,328 in net assets
   Posted by: Savio Rodrigues at July 10, 2007 09:53 PM

   @ Savio, I think jwwjr went a little over the line. It's a blog and
   comments/discussion is what makes it a brainstorm, not just factual
   statements. That's where ideas can be formed.

   Keep up the good work.
   Posted by: Roy Schestowitz at July 11, 2007 07:49 PM

--
Tux rox!