COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of July, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 14th of July, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:10:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.23

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 2004 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     453  855333    13%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  100   91544    50%
   3. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>              88   86760    44%
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 86  923924     8%
   5. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                78   68085    32%
   6. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   69  173752    41%
   7. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    68  144282    42%
   8. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                          65   78717    67%
   9. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                          50   86960    85%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      47   68470    72%
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  47   68429    62%
  12. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               38   59788    75%
  13. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    33   14270    63%
  14. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              32   43076    53%
  15. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       30   43240    69%
      jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>                              30   54524    44%
  17. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   29   17364    55%
  18. John Bailo                                        28   14681    37%
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                          28   45271    81%
  20. Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                            26   45485    60%
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               26   31583    63%
  22. Rick - TrollFeeder                                22   27496    81%
  23. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>              20   32158    81%
      [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            20   40216    26%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>           20   23253    41%
  26. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                        18   20850    52%
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               18   22635    61%
      JD Cantafio - Troll                               18   14096    61%
  29. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>           16   10594    51%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   16   20289     9%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Novell Just Betrayed by Microsoft, But It Continue       78  108394
   2. If Linux came before Windows...                          70   77407
      OK, I'll switch to Linux from Windows, but, I need       70   95482
   4. Another car analogy: Y Linux is Useless [updated]        56   89900
   5. [News] Kubuntu Linux Reviewed; KDE-based PCLOS Tak       45   37962
   6. Apple buys CUPS                                          43   69402
      USA = police state                                       43   47817
   8. A car analogy: why Linux is useless                      40   72317
   9. Install Linux on an Windows XP Box                       33   68210
  10. What flavor of Vista should I get?                       32   49119
      It's 2007, and you still can't click web links wit       32   23948
      [News] [Rival] Dell Goes Against Microsoft, Become       32   67690
  13. [News] [Rival] Windows Fails, Claimed to be Stupid       24   36468
      Linux: an experience in compromise                       24   25622
      Ubuntu Tough To Install, Review Claims                   24   23255
  16. [News] Novell Just Betrayed by Microsoft, But It C       22   23075
  17. The Intel Betrayal (of Linux)                            21   44010
      The Three Classes of People in COLA                      21   28258
  19. Mircosoft's predatory response to GNU/Linux              19   30997
      How to Suck Up to Microsoft                              19   27069
      [News] iPhone Features Available on Much Cheaper,        19   22761
  22. beryl and fc6,   ooooohhhraaaahhhh!!!                    18   11826
      Linux: demoted to rightful place as the desktop "P       18   42354
      [News] Latest Linux Eye Candy Makes Further Progre       18   14480
      Utah Open Source Conference Announced, the 'Proble       18   28152
  26. What's with the Win Raid floppy?                         17   22661
      The Linux counter is up again                            17   11392
  28. Linux Wins: EU Vista flails away                         16   23762
  29. Linux Creator Calls GPLv3 Authors 'Hypocrites' As        15   20897
  30. Any SW development tools for Linux?  Like MS Visua       14   13127
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    161
   2. DooFuS - Moronic Fascist                                         75
   3. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                             66
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  58
   5. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                48
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     47
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 47
   8. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               40
   9. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                         32
  10. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         31
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   31
  12. jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             26
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        26
  14. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              25
  15. Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                                           24
  16. cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                         22
  17. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  19
      Why Tea <ytlim1@xxxxxxxxx>                                       19
  19. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           17
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
      Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      17
  22. John Bailo                                                       16
  23. Scott Van Riple <scottVan@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           14
      John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          14
  25. AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       13
      Rick - TrollFeeder                                               13
  27. Nedd Ludd - Troll                                                12
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             12
  29. tblanchard001@xxxxxxxxx                                          11
      Tom Shelton - Troll                                              11
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              29  29
   2. Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                     25  50
   3. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                          15  39
   4. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                         14  16
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     12  17
   6. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         11  34
   7. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  9   2
   8. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                               8  28
   9. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                7  10
  10. Rick - TrollFeeder                                            6  27
  11. John Bailo                                                    5  18
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                           5  38
  13. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           4  57
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  4   9
      jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>                                          4  13
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              4   9
      Dean G. <dguttadauro@xxxxxxxx>                                4 100
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                            4   5
  19. tblanchard001@xxxxxxxxx                                       3  20
      graeme <www.rillion.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       3  60
      Rockinghorse Winner <rockinghorse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>               3  23
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                   3  33
  23. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        2  18
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    2  14
      Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           2  11
      Tattoo Vampire <tat2vampire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                     2  50
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                      2   7
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                2   6
      Rod Speed - CSMA Troll                                        2 100
  30. Geico Caveman <spammers-begone@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                  1  14
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    143
   2. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        87
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                82
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           69
   5. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   68
   6. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
   7. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         63
      AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                                       63
   9. John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          62
  10. waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>                             61
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                              61
  12. Oldtech <me@xxxxxxxxx>                                           60
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   60
  14. Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      59
  15. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  58
  16. Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              56
      jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             56
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             56
  19. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 54
  20. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     51
      flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>                                          51
  22. RonB <ronb02nospam@xxxxxxxxx>                                    50
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             50
      Scott Van Riple <scottVan@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           50
  25. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      49
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  49
  27. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       45
  28. Geico Caveman <spammers-begone@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                     44
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             44
  30. Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            42
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                             1
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           653
   2. slrn                                                            429
   3. G2/1.0                                                          194
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       176
   5. Pan                                                             133
   6. Mozilla                                                          79
   7. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.1 (Intel Mac OS X)                            66
   8. Forte Agent                                                      63
   9. Thunderbird                                                      56
  10. tin                                                              34
  11. pan 0.120 (Plate of Shrimp)                                      26
      Sylpheed                                                         26
  13. 40tude_Dialog                                                    15
  14. MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067                                     8
  15. Xnews                                                             6
      Unison/1.7.9                                                      6
  17. pan 0.120 (Plate of Shite)                                        4
      Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6000.16480                             4
  19. pan 0.116 (Blanton's)                                             2
      Microhard Lookout                                                 2
  21. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.2 (PPC Mac OS X)                               1
      MacSOUP                                                           1
      MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2061                                     1
      pan 0.120 (Plate of Ratatouille)                                  1
      pan 0.000120 (Plate of Bacon)                                     1
      pan 0.00120 (Plate of Ziti)                                       1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      ProNews/2                                                         1
      pan 0.120 (Plate of Peas)                                         1
      trn                                                               1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats (currently disabled).
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 08:08:39 up 13 days,  7:03,  2 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.73, 1.15