Re: [News] Revolutionary Linux Devices Could Eliminate Need for Laptops

____/ John Bailo on Saturday 14 July 2007 05:53 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Slim Linux laptop has potential
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | When allowed a few minutes with the Foleo at a regional trade show,
>> | Segan discovered that the Foleo is really a laptop afterall, albeit
>> | one with an appliance-like Linux-based OS.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5060055175.html
>

> These devices are right on.
>
> Only question: When? Where? can I buy one ?!
>
> I like the ASUS eee -- hungrily waiting until August.
>
> A slim, light portable is what I need -- not a "PDA" !

I PDA neatly fits in one's pocket (even shirt's pocket it that's your sort of
dressing style). A folding full-sized keyboard fits into one's pocket easily.
Not quite so with Foleo. It need a 'man's purse'.  Sooner or later you end up
carrying one of these around just to save Newman from the landlord (think
Seinfeld).

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.