Re: [News] Linux Lustre Servers Adopt ZFS

____/ Jerry McBride on Friday 13 July 2007 23:30 : \____

> Please forgive the topposting... It's just that I didn't feel like wading
> through the entire post...
>
> People HAVE to know that the ZFS file system is FANTASTIC, but in it's
> current linux offering there's a couple of problems...
>
> In it's current linux form, it relies on FUSE... which makes it SLOW as
> hell. It in noway compares to it's Solaris parent and NEVER will if it
> stays on the FUSE adapter layer... performance optimizations or not...
>
> Second... it's not covered under ANY GPL... it's not OSS by any means...
>
> Don't use it... It's not ready for Linux consumption....

You are right and I remembered your last remark when I posted this (right
before I did). I just wanted to point out that some businesses accept the
performance costs and use ZFS, for better or for worse.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
Swap:  1510068k total,   761584k used,   748484k free,    64016k cached