Re: [News] Company Releases Linux Support Package for Processor

____/ 7 on Thursday 12 July 2007 19:57 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Renesas - Linux board support package for Renesas 32-bit SuperH
>> microprocessor
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Limited have announced the Immediate availability of a
>> | Linux board support package (BSP) for the popular SH7712
>> | Renesas 32-bit SuperH microprocessor has been announced by
>> | Renesas Technology Europe and its Platinum Alliance Partner
>> | MPC Data.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.electropages.com/viewArticle.aspx?intArticle=9132
>

> Just a cautionary tale about Renesas.
>
> Can you go to their webshite and buy anything?
>
> You would think after all the advertising and hype
> they could bother to list some photos of devices, part numbers,
> availability, price and contact information?
>
> Nope.

IIRC, Rich Lehrbaum and the folks at LinuxDevices.com have this company
mentioned every now and then, so surely they consider them noteworthy.

I'm sure they are more reliable than an XBox360.

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.
                                                 ~Linus Torvalds