[News] [Rival] More Windows Vista Problems Emerge, Solutions Unavailable

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Windows Vista Problems Emerge, Solutions Unavailable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:52:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista: 150 problems, 0 solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft likes to boast that Vista is better than ever at logging
| difficulties with software and suggesting solutions through its
| Problem Reports and Solutions feature -- but for an OS that's
| been in final release for six months, the number of actual solutions
| is a tad on the minimal side. Here's the sorry evidence of what
| actually happens when you try and get Vista to heal itself. This
| is a true story, and none of the names have been changed.
`----

http://apcmag.com/6649/vista_150_problems_0_solutions

iPhone Activation on Windows Vista is frustrating

,----[ Quote ]
| The main culprit was "AppleMobileDeviceHelper," a small applet with a
| penchant for crashing and leaving our synchronization attempts stranded.
| Some users told us that disabling DEP fixed the problem for them,
| but the only fix we found was the good ol'-fashioned "keep trying
| 'till it works!" approach.
`----

http://iphonewave.blogspot.com/2007/07/iphone-activation-on-windows-vista-is.html

Here is the site that represents Microsoft's plans for the Web.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://silverlight.net/quickstarts/blend_quickstart/default.aspx

It doesn't even validate. They want to throw .NET filth at the Web.