Re: [News] Linux is Winning the Battle in Asia, According to Microsoft Pal

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 11 July 2007 14:11 : \____

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Open-source-take-up-booming-in-APAC/0,130061733,339279806,00.htm

>> Ouch. They didn't Get the Facts, did they?
>>

> This is interesting, as we've seen several stories indicating that
> take-up of open-source in Asia and Australasia had been poor indeed.
> There is a huge problem with trying to work out open-source usage, as
> nobody ever has to admit to it.
>
> I wonder, now, if usage is maybe an order of magnitude higher than is
> realised?

I wrote the following the other day and it even made Slashdot. It explains why
Linux count is grossly biased.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3687616

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice