[News] [Rival] Microsoft DRM Plot Defeated by Japan's Porn Industry

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft DRM Plot Defeated by Japan's Porn Industry
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:36:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
HD DVD: Format War Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

| As another blow to HD DVD, Video Business reported late last week that BJ's
| Wholesale club would stock only Blu-ray discs. And in June, Blockbuster
| announced that it would offer only the Blu-ray DVD format for rental in 1,700
| of its stores. The HD DVD format is still being offered through the company's
| online channel, blockbuster.com, as well as through the 250 stores that
| currently carry both formats.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070730/tc_nf/54231

Japanese Porn Industry Embraces Blu-Ray Disc

,----[ Quote ]
| The HD DVD high-definition movie format may have the lead in the U.S. porn
| industry, but Japanese adult film makers have turned decisively to Blu-ray
| Disc, breathing new life into its bid to replace DVDs as the disc of choice
| for home movies.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070730/tc_pcworld/135222

Related:

Is Toshiba Giving Away The Razor [HD DVD] To Get You To Buy The Blades?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.dvddossier.com/2007/07/a2-toshiba-hd-d.html