[News] iPhone Should Have Used Linux Stack for Security

  • Subject: [News] iPhone Should Have Used Linux Stack for Security
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:03:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux Solution Tackles iPhone AJAX Security

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mobile Security Engine will be integrated in the Convergent Linux
| Platform, which otherwise provides the Linux kernel, all device drivers,
| middleware, browser, Java, Adobe Flash and a core suite of applications such
| as messaging, push-mail, VoIP, streaming multimedia and over-the-air firmware
| updating,
`----

http://ajax.sys-con.com/read/408695_p.htm

Related:

IPhone Flaw Lets Hackers Take Over, Security Firm Says

,----[ Quote ]
| The researchers, working for Independent Security Evaluators, a company that
| tests its clients’ computer security by hacking it, said that they could take
| control of iPhones through a WiFi connection or by tricking users into going
| to a Web site that contains malicious code. The hack, the first reported,
| allowed them to tap the wealth of personal information the phones contain.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/technology/23iphone.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1185163364-1OTsRJvbylLamj17FY2wnw&oref=slogin

Apple iPhone issue highlights security debate

,----[ Quote ]